What is the 2022 Ford Edge Towing Capacity?
How much can the 2022 Ford Edge tow? This Ford SUV boasts a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. From pop-up trailers to ATVs and dirtbikes, the Ford Edge can tow all these things and more. But that’s not all. The Ford Edge towing experience is further enhanced by a ton of handy features, not to mention an impressive array of engines. Read on to learn more.
Ford Edge Towing Features
Wall Township roads are better from behind-the-wheel of an SUV like the Ford Edge, especially if you plan to do any towing. In fact, the new Ford Edge towing features make the overall experience pleasant. These features include:
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive sensors monitor traction and balance torque between the front and rear wheels to optimize traction and aid handling efforts.
- Traction Control decreases wheel spin by reducing throttle output.
- Trailer Sway Control lets you to tow more confidently by applying brakes or reducing engine torque when necessary to maintain control.
- Class II Trailer Tow Package is required if you want to tow 3,500 pounds (when equipped with all-wheel drive).
- Hill Start Assist automatically holds the brake when the vehicle is on an incline to prevent backward roll as you’re switching your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
2022 Ford Edge Engine Options
With a best-in-class V6 engine, the Ford Edge is not only able to tow up to 3,500 pounds, but also breeze past the competition, no matter where your Wall Township and Tinton Falls travels lead. Even with the I-4 Ford Edge engine, this SUV can still tow 1,500 pounds:
- Twin-scroll 2.0L EcoBoost I-4, Turbocharged, Direct-injection engine produces 245 hp, 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine can tow up to 1,500 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6, Twin-turbocharged, Direct-injection engine cranks out 335 hp, 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine achieves the maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity.
Ford Edge Towing Package
The Class II Trailer Tow Package takes the Ford Edge towing to the max. This package comes standard on the ST trim and is available on SEL and Titanium AWD models. Its main purpose is to help you tow more confidently on Red Bank streets.
Explore the Ford Edge Towing Capacity in Eatontown!
Ready to experience the Ford Edge for yourself around Eatontown? We here at DCH Ford of Eatontown are happy to help make that happen. Call 732-649-1637 to book your next test-drive. Meanwhile, feel free to explore our new vehicle specials or apply for financing online.
More from DCH Ford of Eatontown
It’s a big year for trucks at DCH Ford of Eatontown as the Ford F-150 marks 75 years of dominating the truck market and setting the standard for trucks around the world. Ford is marking this milestone with the next iteration of of the Ford F-150 Heritage Edition. Not to be confused with the 2004 Ford F-150…
There’s a new truck in Wall Township, and it’s got the power to take on the Jersey Devil himself! Meet the 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R, a thrill ride of a truck that’s built for exceptional power. While it’s designed to conquer deserts instead of swamps, the 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R can still take…
When the first Ford Mustang rolled off the line in Detroit sixty years ago, it changed how people drove and looked at cars. It ushered in a new era of style and performance. What better way to mark the sixtieth anniversary of the original muscle car than with the 2024 Ford Mustang? Redesigned, the 2024…