2022 Ford Escape Towing Capacity
Looking for a crossover that is ready for adventure but also efficient and versatile enough for everyday drives in Wall Township? You have found your match in the Ford Escape. Available as both a traditional gasoline-powered model as well as a hybrid, the Ford Escape proves that compact SUVs are more than capable of handling tough towing tasks with ease. So, what is the Ford Escape towing capacity? The answer to this question varies based on whether you prefer the standard model or the hybrid as well as your choice of engine. Learn all about the Ford Escape and Ford Escape Hybrid towing capacity in this guide from DCH Ford of Eatontown.
Ford Escape Towing Capacity by Engine & Configuration
As mentioned above, the Ford Escape towing capacity is dependent on the engine under the hood and whether you select the hybrid variant. Keep in mind that the Ford Escape Hybrid towing capacity is not quite as robust as what you can expect from the purely gasoline-powered Escape. Below, you will see how your preferences affect the Ford Escape towing capacity.
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity with front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
Features that Enhance Towing in Tinton Falls
If you plan to do a lot of towing with your Ford Escape, you can haul bulky items with complete confidence thanks to the Escape’s wealth of features that ensure you are ready for any road conditions that you encounter in Red Bank and beyond.
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: When everything is smooth-sailing, all-wheel drive is shut off for more efficient performance. When traction is less than ideal, this feature kicks in to help.
- Selectable Drive Modes: Drivers can choose between Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes, regardless of whether there is a trailer attached to the vehicle. It’s easy to tailor the performance of the Escape to meet your needs.
- Trailer Sway Control: This system restabilizes and corrects potential sway so that your trailer is secure.
Take a New Ford Escape Along on Your Next Getaway
The Ford Escape is ready for weekend adventures. Haul a small camper, an ATV, or a jet ski, and have fun with your family today. See the Escape up close when you visit DCH Ford of Eatontown. We can’t wait to get you set up with an exciting test drive. If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience.
More from DCH Ford of Eatontown
It’s a big year for trucks at DCH Ford of Eatontown as the Ford F-150 marks 75 years of dominating the truck market and setting the standard for trucks around the world. Ford is marking this milestone with the next iteration of of the Ford F-150 Heritage Edition. Not to be confused with the 2004 Ford F-150…
There’s a new truck in Wall Township, and it’s got the power to take on the Jersey Devil himself! Meet the 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R, a thrill ride of a truck that’s built for exceptional power. While it’s designed to conquer deserts instead of swamps, the 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R can still take…
When the first Ford Mustang rolled off the line in Detroit sixty years ago, it changed how people drove and looked at cars. It ushered in a new era of style and performance. What better way to mark the sixtieth anniversary of the original muscle car than with the 2024 Ford Mustang? Redesigned, the 2024…